Beyond Weather. Beyond Insight.
Envirsion, LLC helps businesses mitigate the negative impacts and capitalize on the favorable impacts of weather. Our approach is simple. We help clients SEE the impact of weather on their operations and provide solutions that give a competitive advantage.
Sensitivities: identify and recognize how weather affects your operations.
Evaluate: identify a plan for mitigating the negative impacts and capitalizing on the favorable impacts of weather.
Execute: we create custom, decision-support tools based on weather modeling and climate data to help you make better decisions.
Weather Sensitive Decision Support
It has been said that nothing affects us more than the weather. Weather and climate data are often pieces of information considered in business' decision making process.
In a 1998 testimony to Congress, former commerce secretary William Daley stated:
“Weather is not just an environmental issue; it is a major economic factor. At least $1 trillion of our economy is weather-sensitive.”
The impact of weather phenomena on industry, society, and culture cannot be ignored. Although we cannot change the weather to our liking, knowing what is to come can help people mitigate the effects of unfavorable weather and capitalize on favorable weather.
We do more than provide weather data. We provide insight and translation. We are actively analyzing correlations between weather and society, policy implications, and climate change solutions. If your organization has weather sensitivities, we can help make sense of them and therefore put you into a position of minimizing impact and maximizing opportunity.
What we do
Example of tools and products that Envirsion, LLC can offer your organization:
- Crop advisories for disease mitigation, irrigation guidance, maturity, harvest scheduling, and sustainable practices
- Tools for weather-sensitive supply chain management
- Site suitability studies and analyses
- Short and long range forecasting
- Air quality and plume dispersion modeling for emergency management
- High resolution numerical weather modeling
- Weather based tools to ensure public safety on the road, air, and rail
- Climate change solutions
- Policy and technology analyses to safeguard environmental well being
- Correlation of business trends to climate
- Quantity and timing of product placement in stores
Combined, the Envirsion, LLC founders and partners have over 23 years of climatological, consulting, and product development experience. Envirsion, LLC makes use of its own skills and talents, government provided weather data, and collaborative partnerships with university researchers. Contact us.